International House Cork Summer School offers excellent quality mixed-nationality Junior English Language Programmes for individuals and groups aged 10-16 during the Summer using the facilities of University College Cork, an 1845 University situated on the south coast in the second largest city in Ireland. The programme based on UCC campus offers both homestay and modern on-campus residential accommodation. University College Cork is situated on 44 acres of beautifully landscaped grounds only 5 minutes from Cork city centre and has excellent on-campus accommodation and sports facilities for students. Facilities include: large canteen for all meals, indoor swimming pool, indoor gymnasiums, tennis courts, a running track and several outdoor football pitches.
The programme includes
- 15 hours English language tuition per week with expert IH teachers in mixed nationality classes
- Web based e-Portfolio for every class to share with friends and keep for the future
- Varied programme of afternoon local excursions, sports activities & ‘IH Digital Hub’ activities
- Digital Media Activities include creation of e-Portfolio, movie & animation, pod-casting, coding for video games, creation of blogs & online school newsletter
- Full day excursion to famous attractions every Saturday
- Full-board host family accommodation usually sharing a twin room with a student of a different nationality
- Public transportation ticket for students located more than 15 minutes’ walk from the University
- Hot lunch in the University restaurant Monday-Friay
- 2 Half day excursions to city centre every week
- Evening Disco every week
For special group rates, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For groups of 15+ students, we offer free return airport transfers and free accommodation for 1 group leader per 15 students.
Cork Junior Homestay Course Information
- Course dates 2016:
- Monday 4th July to Friday 12th August 2016
- Arrival days:
- Students should arrive on Saturday or Sunday before the course starts and accommodation is based on 7 nights Saturday-Saturday or Sunday-Sunday
- Course length:
- Minimum 2 weeks, Maximum 4 weeks
- Hours per week:
- 15 hours tuition per week (1 hour = 60 minutes)
- Maximum class size:
- 15 students (average class size: 12 students)
- Age group:
- 10 – 16
Host Family Accommodation
For students who join the Junior Summer Programme at University College Cork, accommodation is offered in carefully selected families who are visited regularly by the Accommodations Officer and are located close to the University within walking distance or on a short direct bus route.
Junior Homestay Course Fees 2016
- Package Fees 2016
- 2 weeks
- 3 weeks
- 4 weeks
- Airport Transfer from Cork Airport(each way)
*Airport Transfers also available from Dublin Airport as follows: - €40 each way for over 15 years on private bus from Dublin Airport unaccompanied -€120 each way for under 15 years on private bus from Dublin Airport accompanied
We offer special group rates and free places for leaders with groups of 15+.
Please contact email@example.com for details.