Part-time/Online CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
The University of Cambridge ESOL CELTA TEFL course is the most recognised initial teacher training course in the world. In a unique collaboration with Cambridge ESOL and International House London, International House Dublin is offering the Cambridge CELTA course online as a 'blended-learning' teacher training course that combines online CELTA training with face-to-face components.
Each CELTA course run by International House Dublin is externally moderated by a University of Cambridge ESOL assessor. This guarantees a constant high standard and consistency of course content, trainers and facilities. Online CELTA training is assessed and moderated according to the same criteria as the face-to-face course, and the course leads to a full CELTA qualification.
Part-time/online CELTA Teaching Practice
Teaching practice (TP) is an important part of all teacher training courses. The face-to-face element of the Cambridge CELTA Course online ensures trainees gain this valuable experience. Teaching practice is conducted in groups, with each candidate teaching for a total of six hours, with peers observing. An experienced International House Dublin teacher trainer will give you feedback on each of your teaching practice sessions.
Part-time/online CELTA Training Component
CELTA training in the online part of the course includes interactive tasks, guided video observation and forum discussion. The aim is to develop effective, principled teaching methodologies. An advantage of the online CELTA component is the increased amount of time and support for you to reflect on and develop what you have learnt.
Part-time/online CELTA Course Structure
- The Online Cambridge CELTA Course is a 15-week blended online & face-to-face course
- Face-to-face teaching practice at International House Dublin takes place every Wednesday and Friday afternoon 14:30-17:30
- Online on International House Dublin's learning platform: interactive and multimedia self-study units, collaborative tasks in discussion forums, live sessions, observations of filmed lessons, assignments and tutorials
Part-time/online CELTA Course Information
- Minimum age: 18 years old Teaching practice takes place every Wednesday and Friday 14:30 - 17:45
- Course duration: 15 weeks Spring course: 13 February to 28 May 2017
- Next course dates: Autumn course: 4 September to 15 December 2017
- Course fee: €1615
- Cambridge assessment: €160
- Registration fee: €70
- Course materials: €50