Book your course with IH Dublin now!
Part-time / Online CELTA
Our Part-Time / Online CELTA Course is a ‘blended-learning’ teacher training course which combines online training with face-to-face components. Online CELTA training is assessed and moderated according to the same criteria as the face-to-face course, resulting in the same full CELTA qualification.
Need to know
- Online training: Includes interactive tasks, collaborative tasks in discussion forums, live sessions, observations of filmed lessons, assignments and tutorials.
- Teaching practice: Teaching practice will take place in two blocks, on the below specified dates. Trainees will plan and deliver a range of lesson types to volunteer language learners, and be observed by their tutor and peers.
- This is followed by a feedback discussion, written report and guided planning for the next lesson. There will be teaching sessions in the mornings and afternoons, and trainees can expect to spend much of the day in class or lesson planning. Full attendance in both blocks of teaching practice is a course requirement.
- Course length: 15 weeks
- Spring course dates: 4th February - 17th May
- Spring teaching practice dates: 11th - 15th March / 29th April - 3rd May
- Autumn course dates: 2nd September - 13th December
- Autumn teaching practice dates: 7th - 11th October / 11th - 15th November
- Part-time / Online CELTA Course: €1795 (Includes lessons, course materials, assessment fee & registration fee)