Request further information on DELTA
Distance Delta (Diploma in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) Orientation Course
University of Cambridge Distance Delta Orientation Course
The University of Cambridge Delta Course (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) is a high-level, internationally-recognised teaching qualification which is designed to:
• improve your understanding of the principles and practices of teaching
• deepen your understanding of the English language and how it is described
• reflect on your current teaching practices and beliefs
• put into practice what you have learned as a teacher
• prepare you to move to a more senior role, perhaps in academic management or teacher training
Who is Delta suitable for?
• Teachers of English working in a variety of teaching contexts and teachers with previous English language teaching experience.
• Candidates will normally have an initial English Language Teaching (ELT) qualification, for example CELTA (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), and have at least a year’s ELT experience.
• Speakers with a level of English between CEFR Levels C1 and C2 or above.
Previous teaching experience and an initial teaching qualification are highly recommended to ensure that candidates have sufficient prior knowledge and experience to benefit from the course.
The Distance Delta is designed and run by the British Council and IH London. Specifically tailored for teachers who would like to continue working while they study, the Distance Delta provides a flexible and convenient alternative to intensive and part-time face-to-face courses.
Delta consists of 3 modules, which can be taken separately or together:
• Module 1: Understanding language, methodology and resources for teaching
• Module 2: Developing Professional Practice as a Teacher
• Module 3: English Language Teaching Specialisation
International House Dublin is an approved orientation course centre for Module 2 of the Distance Delta with courses twice a year in March/April and August/September. The Orientation Course is a two week, face-to-face course which provides a sound grounding in the skills of analysing, planning and reflecting objectively on your own teaching, and also involves essay writing and lesson observations. When completing your application for the Distance Delta, you will be able to select your preferred location for your orientation course.
Distance Delta Course Dates 2019
March / April
August / September
For further details. and to apply, applicants should go to www.thedistancedelta.com