(Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
The University of Cambridge CELTA course is the most recognised initial English language teacher training course in the world and International House Dublin is the longest running CELTA centre in Dublin, with a track record of running successful full- and part-time CELTA courses since 2006. Our course is also accredited by ACELS, (the Accreditation and Certification of English Language Schools), the official organisation which regulates and inspects language and teacher training centres in Ireland.
We have an established team of committed and experienced teacher trainers who understand the demands of the course and are ready to support and guide trainees in their journey to becoming qualified English language teachers. With a maximum of six trainees per tutor, as per Cambridge requirements, each trainee can be sure they will get the individual attention they need.
Gaining a CELTA qualification from International House Dublin has enabled our successful trainees to go on to find work opportunities around the world in English language teaching and even establish new long-term careers. We have been delighted to welcome some back as DELTA trainees, helping them to progress further in the field of English language teaching.
Each CELTA course run at International House Dublin is externally moderated by a University of Cambridge ESOL Assessor. This guarantees a constant high standard and consistency of course content, trainers and facilities.
The CELTA course is aimed at a range of candidates including:
- candidates who are entirely new to teaching
- candidates who have taught languages but with little or no previous training
- candidates who have taught other subjects and wish to take up language teaching
- candidates who have received previous training in language teaching but feel the need for a refresher course, for a more practical qualification or for a more internationally recognised qualification
Need to know
- Timetable:- Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 17:30
- Class size:- Maximum 6 candidates per tutor, 18 candidates per course.
- Course length:- 4 weeks
- Key course content:- Seminars, workshops, teaching practice with real learners, observations, assignments and tutorials.
- Course Fee: €1495
- Cambridge Assessment: €160
- Registration Fee: €70
- Materials fee: €50
CELTA course dates 2017
- 8th May – 2nd June 2017 - Fully booked!
- 6th June – 30th June 2017 - Fully booked!
- 10th July - 4th August 2017 - Fully booked!
- 8th August - 1st September 2017 - Fully booked!
- 4th September – 29th September 2017 Fully booked!
- 4th September – 15th December 2017 (Part-time online) Places available!
- 9th October – 3rd November 2017 Places available!
- 13th November – 8th December 2017 Places available!
- Full time CELTA course:- €1850 (all materials, assessment fee & registration fee included)
CELTA course dates 2018
- 8th January - 2nd February 2018
- 5th February - 2nd March 2018
- 12th February 2018 for 15 weeks (part time / online course)
- 5th March - 30th March 2018
- 9th April - 4th May 2018
- 8th May - 1st June 2018
- 5th June - 29th June
- 9th July - 3rd August
- 13th August - 7th September
- 3rd September 2018 for 15 weeks (part time / online course)
- 17th September - 12th October 2018
- 15th October - 9th November 2018
- 19th November - 14th December 2018