State Schools - EU Students
Attending a state school in Ireland
IH Dublin work in partnership with over 50 state schools all over Ireland. Our partner schools have been selected very carefully based on their record of academic achievement, their enthusiasm for accepting international students and their understanding of the process for our international students.
The schools we work with feel that they too benefit from the cultural exchange. We take great care to regulate the number of students in any one school to ensure maximum integration. Schools are normally located in smaller communities outside the bigger cities. Students live with a local host family within easy access of the school and are encouraged to become fully involved in the social life of the school and local community.
The State School Programme is valid for students who are from EU countries.
The State School Programme Includes:
• School & host family Placement
• Full guardianship
• Host family accommodation for length of programme, including two half-terms (Oct & Feb). Christmas & Easter holidays not included.
|September to December||€6955|
|January to Easter||€6195|
|Easter to Summer (2017)||Price on application|
Full International House guardianship service Includes:
• 2 Airport transfers - Arrival transfer at beginning of course, and departure transfer at the end of course
• Welcome pack & orientation meeting with guardian
• Arrangement of additional transport including transport to and from school as required (cost charged to contingency fund)
• Host family (HF) placement
• Regular inspection of host families
• Regular contact with student, HF & school
• Monitoring of the student’s well-being and academic progress
• Attendance at parent/teacher meetings
• Advice & assistance with academic studies
• Regular written reports to agent/parent
• Immediate contact & assistance in the event of any significant incident
• Control of payments made from contingency fund
• Validation deocuments for return to education in home country
• 24/7 emergency assistance
• Assistance with visa & registration with GNIB (Garda National Immigration Bureau)
All students who attend the High School Programme must have a Contingency Fund left with International House Dublin to cover the below costs
One term - €700 (Refundable if unused)
Two terms - €1000 (Refundable if unused)
Academic Year - €1200 (Refundable if unused)
The below fees are not included in fees, and are taken from the Contingency Fund
• Personal/medical & travel insurance
• Transfers during the programme (apart from arrival/departure)
• Flights to/from Ireland
• Local transport costs, such as to and from school
• Extra individual tuition (hourly rate depends on the teacher)
• Extras for sports/school excursions
• Sports uniform and equipment as per school requirements
• Christmas and Easter holiday accommodation
• School uniform
• School text books, copy books and subject-specific materials (e.g. art supplies, maths instruments)
If parents and students wish to visit schools in advance of their course, we can arrange this for a fee of €250. This fee is deductible from course fees when a booking is made.
Non-refundable deposit upon acceptance of your place €2000. Remaining balance due 4 weeks before arrival.