High School Programme
International House Dublin, incorporating High School Ireland, will organise and supervise your High School Programme from start to finish. We enjoy a good relationship with many of the country's top high schools and endeavour to find a school that most suits the individual student's specific abilities and interests. Our guardianship service provides all the support high school students need to benefit from their time abroad.
An academic semester or year in Ireland provides students with an invaluable opportunity for personal development, increasing cultural knowledge and awareness, and gaining confidence in using another language. The High School Programme is open to students aged 12 – 18 years who wish to study in an Irish high school in Dublin or elsewhere in Ireland, and is available at a wide variety of private and state schools throughout the country. The Irish educational system offers a broad range of academic subjects in science, technology and the arts.
A student can choose to study in an Irish High School for:
|Full Academic Year||September - June|
|1 term||September - December, January - Easter, Easter - June|
|2 terms||September - Easter, January - June|
We are now offering shorter High School Immersion Programmes for 12 weeks from the beginning of September or the beginning of January for students who wish to experience life in an Irish high school but for a shorter time.
The High School Programme includes:
- School visit and tour for parents
- Careful selection of suitable school
- Full board accommodation - host family or boarding school
- Regular visits to students
- Monthly report to parents in line with AGPI regulations
- Liaison with school and teachers
- 24 hour Emergency contact
- Regular social and cultural outings in Dublin
- Assistance in purchasing books and uniforms
- Processing of documents as required for validation